BigWallop

Default Why is this a bad idea?

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm guessing that this is a pretty daft idea as I have seen no-one else
suggest it. I'm looking at shower options at the moment, and I live in an
area with fairly low water pressure. One of the easiest options would be

have an electric shower, but I have hear that the water pressure would be
even worse in winter as the shower would need to heat the water from a

lover
ambient temperature.

So, why not mix the water with hot water from the combi? I could have a

feed
fron the hot and cold water supply going into one pipe and then feeding

the
electric shower. The water would be pre-warmed and therefore could be made
the same all year round. If the electric shower wasn't raising the
temperature too much it woudn't have such a problem delivering more water
would it?

Like I say, this is based purely on my own "sort of" logic rather than any
fact, so shoot me down gently!

Cheers
Mike

If the output from the boiler and main water supply are openly connected
together in a tee fitting, you'll also get cold water flowing back toward
any hot taps you turn on.

Can't you just install a wider diameter pipe, say 22mm, directly from the
main supply to the shower and then reduce it to 15mm as close to the shower
as possible. This should give you enough pressure to run an instant shower
from all year round.