BillR

Default Drilling a rock to make a water feature?

jerrybuilt wrote:
dmc wrote:
Question one: How likely am I to be able to drill a hole in a
rock. Something like 15mm I guess. I have a decent SDS drill
is this likely to just smash the thing up? Should I be looking
for a non-hammer solution (diamond?).

Hi Darren, what sort of stone is this? How big is it? How
long is the hole you want to drill?

Unless you have a particular rock with sentimental value that must be used,
then forget it.
I tried it. Any rock thats soft enough to drill won't stand up to the water.
Useable rocks are incredibly hard.
And recently B&Q were selling reasonable 2 rock light kits for £25, reduced
for clearance to £12.99.
Asda had 3 rock light kits for £15 but theirs didn't look like real rocks.