Mike Hibbert

Default Why is this a bad idea?

"MrCheerful" wrote in message
Mike Hibbert wrote:
Hi all,

I'm guessing that this is a pretty daft idea as I have seen no-one
else suggest it. I'm looking at shower options at the moment, and I
live in an area with fairly low water pressure. One of the easiest
options would be to have an electric shower, but I have hear that

the
water pressure would be even worse in winter as the shower would

need
to heat the water from a lover ambient temperature.

So, why not mix the water with hot water from the combi? I could

have
a feed fron the hot and cold water supply going into one pipe and
then feeding the electric shower. The water would be pre-warmed and
therefore could be made the same all year round. If the electric
shower wasn't raising the temperature too much it woudn't have such

problem delivering more water would it?

Like I say, this is based purely on my own "sort of" logic rather
than any fact, so shoot me down gently!

Cheers
Mike

There is no reason you couldn't feed the hot and cold into a
thermostatic mixer and then into an electric shower. I wanted some
more pressure for my shower so ran a large feed from the cold tank
(yes I know you haven't got one, but you could add one) into a pump
and then into a high power shower unit, this works fine and you can't
get scalded by someone flushing the loo.

Hi,

when you say a "high power shower unit" do you mean an electric shower? If
so, what sort of wattage is it and what sort of flow rate can you get?

cheers
mike