Mike Hibbert

Default Why is this a bad idea?

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm guessing that this is a pretty daft idea as I have seen no-one else
suggest it. I'm looking at shower options at the moment, and I live in

an
area with fairly low water pressure. One of the easiest options would be

have an electric shower, but I have hear that the water pressure would

be
even worse in winter as the shower would need to heat the water from a

lover
ambient temperature.

So, why not mix the water with hot water from the combi? I could have a

feed
fron the hot and cold water supply going into one pipe and then feeding

the
electric shower. The water would be pre-warmed and therefore could be

made
the same all year round. If the electric shower wasn't raising the
temperature too much it woudn't have such a problem delivering more

water
would it?

Like I say, this is based purely on my own "sort of" logic rather than

any
fact, so shoot me down gently!

Cheers
Mike

I don't profess to be an expert on combis - but surely, if you connect the
output of the combi to a cold supply at mains pressure, you won't have any
flow through the combi - because the input and output will be at the same
pressure.

If the combi delivers an adequate supply of hot water, all you need is a
shower mixing valve to blend hot and cold - rather than an electric

shower.

Not sure I understand your first point, what I thought about doing would be
a "Y" shaped connection with the hot (from combi) and the mains cold coming
in at the top bits of the Y and then the shower being supplied from the the
down bit. The water should draw from both supplies?

Unfortunately the supply from the combi isnt that good, the mains cold is
only 11 litres per minute at best.

Cheers
Mike