Roger Mills

Default Why is this a bad idea?

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm guessing that this is a pretty daft idea as I have seen no-one else
suggest it. I'm looking at shower options at the moment, and I live in an
area with fairly low water pressure. One of the easiest options would be

have an electric shower, but I have hear that the water pressure would be
even worse in winter as the shower would need to heat the water from a

lover
ambient temperature.

So, why not mix the water with hot water from the combi? I could have a

feed
fron the hot and cold water supply going into one pipe and then feeding

the
electric shower. The water would be pre-warmed and therefore could be made
the same all year round. If the electric shower wasn't raising the
temperature too much it woudn't have such a problem delivering more water
would it?

Like I say, this is based purely on my own "sort of" logic rather than any
fact, so shoot me down gently!

Cheers
Mike

I don't profess to be an expert on combis - but surely, if you connect the
output of the combi to a cold supply at mains pressure, you won't have any
flow through the combi - because the input and output will be at the same
pressure.

If the combi delivers an adequate supply of hot water, all you need is a
shower mixing valve to blend hot and cold - rather than an electric shower.

Roger