Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Boatright

Default Removed vinyl tile... How do I remove glue on concrete slab?

Heat gun and scraper?

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
I am laying ceramic tile in my kitchen and living room.. they are
connected. The kitchen had plywood flooring so I laid cement board as
a base. The living room has a concrete slab so I plan to lay the
tile directly onto the concrete. It presently has vinyl tile on it.
I removed some of it and see that it is going to have quite a bit of
residual glue. How do I get this glue off? I have all kinds of
solvent at home including "goof - off", turpentine. lacquer thinner,
and even, coleman lantern fuel. What are some reasonable ways to
proceed here.

Thanks, Al Kondo