Peter Ashby

Default Router Table purchase

In article ,
(Ben Rooney) wrote:

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for
£25.

Has anyone got/used one and is it any good?

I got one on eBay for a tad more than that. It is cheap pressed steel
and you get what you pay for. Your point about the legs is a good one.
THey are not strong. Fix it to a good surface.
That being said, it has been fine the few times I have used it. My
main worry with it is how true are the surfaces (answer, probably not
that true) and the fence is a pretty ropey old thing. But for knocking
out some mouldings and general routing if you spend the time setting
it up and do a couple of practice runs first it has been fine.

I think that is true for pretty much anything that doesn't come with an
Incra fence and mulitple jigs attached. I have done some fairly precise
work on my Trend MkII but the setup time was quite high. I do often
wonder if a combi plane would not have been quicker. Someday I may get
one and see.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.