Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

Default Anyone used these Window Care Systems / Dry Flex RP products?

A Dutch product sold in the UK since 1992. Now distributed by ICI and
available at at least some Dulux Decorator Centres, though you wouldn't know
it from the website:

http://www.window-care.com/nieuwesit...ic_frames.html

Basically seems to be a multipart epoxy primer and filler system on
steroids. But a neighbour swears by it and is very pleased with repairs on
his house which are still in perfect nick four years or more on (I've seen
them). Given there is no saving in labour, it's unlikely to be worth using
in place of standard two-part filler where a filler's all you need. But I
plan to try on a difficult-to-access window sill repair where I want a
combination of glue to help stick on the new hardwood sill front plus filler
for the remaining dodgy areas plus sealant for the edges, the whole to last
as long as poss. Staggeringly expensive, as you might expect: primer c.£25
for a pair of bottles, filler c.£32 for a pair of tubes, c.£20 for the
special applicator gun you need for the latter.

Can only find one old (1998) ref on the group. Anyone else used it?