Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John

Default Aerial Splitter

My mum has just got a freeview TV for her bedroom and the aerial signal is
not good enough from the aerial in the loft, I presume because of the signal
not passing through the concrete tiles very well, on her old analogue TV the
picture was never up to much either! She has another aerial (on the chimney
stack outside) that is connected to her downstairs set up, which includes a
freeview STB, so I know this aerial signal is good enough. The outside
aerial cable is on the roof and then down the wall and enters the house
above her front door. Where the cable goes down the wall this is directly
outside her bedroom window, so I was thinking of cutting the cable and
putting a splitter in and running a new piece of coax in through the window
frame corner. Can you get waterproof splitters any where or will I have to
get a suitable box and put an internal splitter in there. I have look at
Screwfix, Maplins and RS but cannot seem to find anything suitable.

TIA

John