Dan Musicant

Default 1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:49:58 -0500, "
wrote:

:
: Thanks much for any help.
:
: Dan
:best bet is to throw the stove out and get a new one... the paint that
:you have on there will give you headaches if you breath it and possible
:lung damage......

When I bought my new refrigerator a couple years ago I looked at the
ranges they were selling, and they had a lot of them, including high end
kitchen stuff and some professional ranges (some small) for restaurants.
I wasn't impressed. Most of the new stuff is small and doesn't have a
preparation surface like this stove has. It doesn't look great, but if I
can paint or coat those pieces it's be OK for me for a while. Whether or
not the fumes from this paint are bad for me is an issue I should look
into, possibly, but it's hard for me to believe they'd sell this paint
for high temperature applications if it were that dangerous. No
headaches so far...