Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Doug Warner" wrote in message

My 8-10 year old Sharp microwave oven has died from a shorted HV
capacitor. I'll probably fix it, if the part is still available.

If not, I'd like my next oven to "listen" to popcorn, and shut off
after the popping rate slows to a threshold level. My current oven's
popcorn mode always comes up about 40 seconds short.

Are there any current models with "ears"?

================================

You can't stand still in the kitchen for 3 minutes and listen with your
own ears???

I was going to say the same thing. Not to put down the OP, but how lazy
have we become? What's next? A remote that will come to you when you call
it???

Hey.....wait a minute...........

;-]

Here's something I want: A way to start my oven using my cell phone, so I
can put dinner into a preheated oven the moment I walk in the door.

Most ovens have timers that will do that, but I guess YOU have to be on a
"regular timer" for it to work (in other words, you have to come home at the
same time)...