Posted to alt.home.repair
Ross Mac

Default Particle board under sink rotted

"dk" wrote in message
. ..
I'm replacing my faucets in my bathroom. The particle board is really
messed up and I'd like to replace it. Anyone with any insight as to a
material that I can replace it with to better withstand water?? Also I've
got a cabinet with a divider on the front that could make getting the new
material into the cabinet tough. Any ideas would be appreciated.

All good suggestions....
My last house had the same problem in the kitchen and after I replaced all
the plumbing under the sink I replaced the damaged wood with exterior
plywood as suggested above then I screwed and caulked a quarter inch piece
of sheet pvc over the plywood. For 16 years never a problem....super easy to
clean no matter what was spilled.....Ross