Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Collins

Default Leaking Worcester Bosch Boiler

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:00:12 -0000, "Fentoozler" nospam@mapson
wrote:
The pressure relief valve is right at the back/bottom of a 240 (drop the
control panel down to see it), and is normaly a red one with the pressure
gauge directly attached (just trace the relief pipe up to find it). It
sounds like it is leaking, thus dropping pressure - flushing it though may
help (give it a twist, then repressurise), otherwise drain the boiler and
replace (again, twist it to drain fully, no need for mains water isolation,
DO NOT isolate the boiler via its own isolation valves as these WILL leak.
Not expensive, part no more than £5, you can DIY.

Pressure valve located and duly twisted. Cheers!

I don't think it's made any difference though. I think it might be
time to find a new valve.

Thanks Angus!

Andrew