Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Collins

Default Leaking Worcester Bosch Boiler

Ever since we moved into this house 5 years ago we've had to top the
central heating system up more often than I would have liked. Once a
month or so.

Now it's suddenly got a lot worse, as in once per day. I've just
checked the expansion vessel. Now, the system was hot, but there was
plenty of pressure in it and no water. Unfortunately I don't have tyre
pressure gauge, but from years of cycling I would guess it was well
over 20PSI.

I've looked for a relief valve test knob but can't find any red knobs
and can't find anything that I would be confident in tweaking. Odd, I
can strip down and rebuild your average Ford engine without any
worries. With combi boilers I start getting really nervous though.

Whilst I was fiddling about with this (a period of no more than half
an hour) about 3/8 of a pint of water came out of the boiler overflow
pipe (yikes!).

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch 240.

I'm guessing that it's time to try to find a professional to fix it,
but is there anything else I can do before I go spending serious
money?

I've got some photos of the boiler that I can put on the we if that
would help.

Thanks,

Andrew