Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Problem with Schlage door lock

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:42:53 GMT, (Nosmo
King) wrote:

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

Same problem on more than one door, after they've both worked properly in
the past?

Yes. The first one started it about a year ago (locks are about 5 years old).
It was on a door in the garage that doesn't get used much, so I never did
anything about it. The second door just started acting this way this week.

The problem is definitely with the latch part, as you can not manually push it
in.

BTW, things are moe complicated with some locks than just pushing the
bolt in, if that's what you mean. I'm a little confused right now,
but try to replicate shutting the door before you say you can't push
something in. I mean, pushing from one side at the same time you
push in.

Try one of your locks that still works and see how it works when you
manually push it in.

And of course jimmy-proof locks have one method or another so that the
bolt cannot be pushed in when the door is closed.

I'll try dis-assembling the locks and see if the silicon spray helps.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.