Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Darrell Dorsey

Default Replacing the switch on my Delta jointer

"Darrell Dorsey" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Which model Delta 6" jointer do you have? If it's the open stand model,
I used a Grizzly model on mine.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G8989

Yeh, the open stand J360.
thanks, the grizzly looks identical and is rather better priced!

Yes, I had the older 37-190, but it's basically the same. You might want to
have things checked out. A 3/4 hp motor shouldn't draw that many amps. I
wont try to do any calculations cause there are so many factors. But as an
example, I have a 14" Jet bandsaw that draws 10 amps for 1 hp, 3/4hp should
be something less. The switch could be rated for 12 amps, but the motor may
not need that many amps.

This is actually the switch that I used, but it's the same, just has a
paddle: http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G8988

Darrell