Posted to rec.woodworking
doityourself

Default Need help fixing up a large butcher block table

I dont know why they tossed it.. this is new york city, people throw
valuable stuff out here all the time, in fact i make a few bucks every
now and again picking this stuff up, fixing it and re-selling it on
craigslist. My guess is that some restaurant/deli went out of business
and left it behind. The good news is it doesnt smell.

youre right about needing to level it for a game table. To level this
thing though I would need a serious belt sander and hours of toil.

Does anyone know if these things are worth anythng? Id spend the time
if i could turn a profit. I saw similar things for sale on the net for
$800-900 new.

Do you reckon I can clean it thoroughly with mineral spirit/paint
thinner?