Posted to alt.home.repair
jehma

Default Whirlpool washer fills, but won't agitate, spin, or drain

My Whirlpool direct drive washer fills with water, but doesn't advance
through the cycles. If I turn the dial to different section of the
cycle, I still can't get it to agitate, spin, or drain. It doesn't make
any noise at all in any of those cycles, but will continue to fill if I
up the desired water level and move the dial to a spot where it would
fill.

Where should I look to troubleshoot this? Is it worth testing the lid
switch? I would think that that doesn't affect agitating, but I'm not
sure.

Any help would be appreciated!