Posted to rec.woodworking

Default nitrocellulose lacquer over stain

Robatoy wrote:

In article , tdevery wrote:

I would like to spray nitrocellulose lacquer over Oil stain. Any
compatability
issues?
The stain is now 24 hrs dry. Thanks

Whadday mean 'oil' stain?

I have sprayed bezillions of gallons of lacquer on stains like
Minwax and such... they're oil based. Not a problem.

Sorry for the term "oil stain"
I am a Hardwood floor refinisher, and we call it oil stain.
It is Pittsburg paints Gunstock stain. I use it to match hardwood floor stains.
It is highly pigmented. I put this into sanding sealer for the first wash coat.
Then sanded it with 220 grit. It is over ASH.
Then stained with Gunstock. Dried two days by now.