pistol pistol is offline
Junior Member

Default Central heating always on but no hot water

can anybody help? Even when the timer is off and the room stat is turned right down the heating is always on. There is no hot water but the heating continually is on. Can only turn this off by turning the boiler off. System is a fully pumped one with 2 motorised Honeywell valves. The heating valve seems stuck in the open position. The manual lever is so easy to move I'm assuming it's detached from the valve and therefore useless. I can only get hot water by moving the valve lever (lots of resistance) to the hook. I reckon that the heating valve is defective. My question is, does the symptoms I've described make sense?
Thanks.