Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB

Default Bosch Tumble Drier keeps tripping heater cut out

"powerstation" wrote in message
Is this a little red button on the back panel ? If so it is a White Knight
drier made for Bosch.
Usual cause is lack of airflow, double check everything otherwise could be
faulty motor fan, inlet stat next to heater or the cut-out itself.

Many thanks for your response. Yes it does have
a small red reset button the back.

I had the bottom part of the back off yesterday.
I removed the flexible ducting pipe, to make sure
there was no blockage. All clear. So unless there
is a blockage deep inside the fan housing
(unlikley I think) it looks like it's not down to
lack of airflow.

I also blew out the small amount of dust that was
around the motor etc...

From what I have read in other posts I think it
could be down to two possibilities. The heater
thermostat, or some other thermal sensing
(fire protection) device somewhere in the system.

Yes/No?

I intend to remove the whole back later today to
see what I can find!!!!

Many thanks,
Roy