Christian McArdle

Default Extractor fan emptying into chimney stack

Make sure that the fan and motor box will fit inside the chimney, make
a custom filter box and shove the whole thing up inside.

I have a similar set up, with range in the chimney. The fireplace has been
widened and heightened. However, the flue stops abrubtly with some
floorboards in the room above.

I was planning just to block off the flue 30cm above the lintel with some
multiboard. My partner is vegetarian, so there won't be much meat cooking
going on.

Do you think I'll need an extractor as well? This would require about 3m of
horizontal ducting above kitchen units and a centrifugal fan. Is it possible
to get concealed centrifugal fans complete with grease filters? I can find
normal centrifugals easily.

Christian.