Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Setting steam boiler pressure cutoff

"David Efflandt" wrote in message

Ouch! The PressureTrol on Most steam boilers should be set per another
reply with 0.5 psi cut-in and 1 psi rising differential cut-out (or if it
does not go down to 0.5 it may be a control that you set to 2 psi cut-out
and 1 psi decreasing differential cut-in). In other words it should
operate between 0.5 and 1.5 psi (not more than about 2 psi). Systems with
a Vaporstat run even lower (in ounces of pressure).

Depends on the system. I have a low pressure setup that runs between 5#
and 9# with a cutout at 11#. I also operate two boilers at 110# with
cutout at 120#. They modulate depending on load. We use about 8 to 10,000
gallons of water a day to make steam.