Posted to alt.home.repair
Rush Limballs

Default drilling into concrete block in basement to put up shelves...

Cinder blox are made of actual coal cinders or clinkers, do not drill unless
you want a major leak issue
"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. com...

"scale" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a question

i want to hang a shelf to hold my detergent, fab softner, etc above my
washer dryer combo in the basement of my house.

THe walls are made of cynder blocks. Is it smart to drill into them in
order to put in anchors so i can hang a shelf....or would i be better
off doing something else. I dont want to crack the block or anything.

Any opinions?

Drill away should not be a problem You should use a concrete sleeve
anchor
( http://www.confast.com/products/conc...eve-anchor.asp ) verses a
wedge anchor for block. Most people don't, I think it depends if your
drilling threw the block into the concrete core.