Ken Moffett

Default South Bend lathe with bad babbit bearing ..help!

I have a South Bend 10K model A lathe with a "frozen" bearing on the
right end of the lead screw. I pulled the quick change gearbox and the
bearing mount loose, so I could pull it off the shaft. The casting can
be turned on the end of the lead screw shaft, but only with a great deal
of force. And, it isn't going to slide off. In the manual it shows a
little block of babbit associated with the one piece casting. In the
back of the casting are two ~1/4" holes filled with babbit.

I did a google search and found some mentions of South Bend and babbit
bearings, but not exactly how to redo these. Has anyone ever replaced
one of these?