Posted to alt.home.repair
R. Gregg Reed

Default Blown fuse

The information he provided didn't answer my question. All it was was a
spec sheet for a fuse with "5MF" in the part number.

I looked at the fuse with a magnifying glass, and it does indeed say
"5MF". My roommate drove past Wal Mart after he got off of work, so I
called him up and gave him the number and asked him to see if he could
find one.

He found a 5 amp 125 volt fuse, but it didn't say "5MF" on it. I wanted
to know exactly what "5MF" stood for, so I could tell if it was
important. If not, I was going to put the fuse in he got. I searched
Google, and got THOUSANDS of answers, none of which explained what the
term meant. More than likely the answer is in the 87,432nd answer, but I
hate to have to read 87,431 wrong answers first. So I figured I'd ask
here.

"A.D.C." wrote in :

You complain and STILL provide him the information he requested that
you think he should be able to track down himself. Way to enable.

This newsgroup exists for these types of questions. Google is a big
help in research, but nothing beats the well-timed advice of other
DIYers and pros. Thanks to all who answer seemingly stupid questions
here.

Merry Christmas.

"Bubba" ReMoVe wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:44:31 -0600, "R. Gregg Reed"
wrote:

Someone gave me a 27" TV because it wouldn't work, so I took it home
and opened it up, hoping it would be something easy. I found a blown
fuse, which I'm hoping is the only problem. The fuse says 5MF5A125V,
which I assume means 5 amps 125 volts, but I don't know what the 5MF
means. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jesus H Christ!
http://www.belfuse.com/Data/DBObject/5MF.pdf
How do you get through daily life?
How did you figure out how to use the newsgroups and not learn how to
do a simple Google search.?
Google took all of 0.40 seconds to find that link for me.
Maybe you should have someone else change that fuse for you before
you electrocute yourself???
Bubba