Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default ceramic towel rack to ceramic wall

dk wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
dk wrote:

I have a wainscot procelain tile wall. I need to attach a stone tile
rack to the wall. What's the best way to do this. I know I'll probably
have to tape it on, but what adhesive do I use?

I wouldn't trust any adhesive. It might hold the rack to the tile, but
the adhesive/thinset holding the tile to the wall might give up the
ghost. Too many mights. For long term longevity I'd want screws or
toggles. There're no mounting holes/plates for mechanical fasteners?

Nope just a flat base on the back of the rack. HOw would liquid nails
work???

Like I said, I wouldn't trust any adhesive for the long term.

Does the base have ~1/4" shoulders on the base of each standout? Or
possibly have a wider section about ~1/4" out from the very back end of
each standout? If so you might have a towel bar that is intended to
be installed in a recessed area of tile. The tile supports the edge of
the standout and provides far more strength as you're not relying on
the adhesive for the shear strength. If so, that type of towel bar
should have been installed when the tile was installed, or the tile cut
to receive it.

Post a link to a picture or a web site that shows what you have.