Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Cane production

"TheCaneMaker" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been making canes from little trees that I go into the
surrounding woods and dig up. But, I seem to be lacking a large variety
of trees in the area I reside in. Is there somebody that lives in
WV,OH,PA or MD that can point me in the direction of public lands in
which I can seek out the trees I am looking for, (no particular type),
So I can dig them up to carry on with my cane work?
I would appreciate anything anybody can tell me. I live in
Brownsville,PA so my general traveling area is within 50 miles in a
radius of my home. Thanks a heap!!!

There's going to be some difficulty telling you where to find the trees
you're looking for--"no particular type."

How large? Hard or soft wood? Any particular features you need? "Little" is
not much of a description.