Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

Default Electrical question: a gfci AND a lighting circuit

According to :
No way to do it right without more wires. I never knew/thought about the
future repercussions as Chris/Code discussed, and I like doing it "by the
book". If my memory failed me on the "haywiring", I'd end up electrocuting
myself servicing the circuit years from now...

There is precisely one way to do it without more wire - but you lose
the "unswitched" attribute on pole "A" ;-)

In short, wire the new "A" outlet in parallel with the lightbulb. You'll
have a switched duplex outlet which is GFCI'd at the panel.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est