tghattaq tghattaq is offline
Junior Member

Location: Malta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goedjn

To give details of the form work in chapter and verse. I build up the
form in good, clean timber like first grade red deal. It has to be
pretty good to successfully router to shape. As I stated, it is a good
mental exercise to devise how this will demount leaving support
underneath whilst freeing the face to dry after a couple of days. To

I don't understand this. WHy would you want to dry the surface?
Sorry slipping into local terminology. Simply if I do not release the shutter from the complex face of the casting after three or four days there is so much adhesion when the mixture has become cured that the face is prone to damage and slithers come away attached to the form work in prising it off.

Giles