Ed Huntress

Default An apology

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:00:19 GMT, the renowned "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

You should look at it from the other end of the telescope, Mark. All any

of
us do is supply services, unless we're farmers. "Tangible goods" are just
services bundled into convenient packages. Your can opener provides the
service of opening cans, not of delighting your artistic sensibilities.

Hmm.. what would you make of one like this one?
http://www.designstore.com/alcancanop.html

At $40.00, it's at least 85% delighting artistic sensibilities and
only 15% opening cans (compared to my choice, the classic SwingAway®)

This is a good example of what a mature industrial economy does when it can
no longer think of anything useful to make, that people don't already have
in such quantities that they're selling their used ones to each other at
flea markets. g

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)