Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default thermostat anticipator

"///Owen\\\" wrote in message
newsr%jf.15335$Gd6.15115@pd7tw3no...
I got a new thermostat - a cheap Honeywell (a builder installed it). I
find the house gets too cold before the furnaces switches "on". And, the
furnace switches "off" before the house reaches the set temperature. I
think I need to adjust the anticipator. Could anyone help me?

Thanks

Builders dont install em..they just want cheap..so the installers put em
in...
If its a T87 Round One..its the best thermostat Honeywells
built..period...if its out of calibration, teh little tool they have makes
it a simple thing to adjust..

Your problems NOT in the anticipation setting.
Bet that suckers a mercury switch round unit, and its not
level....yes..there are level indicators on it...take the outher ring off,
take the stat off..three screws recessed in it..and at the top of the sub
base there are two tits that are for placing a level across...right below
the fan and mode switches.