Alden Hackmann

Default Copper plating

jim writes:

as a kid i had one of those little Radio Shack metal plating kits....
did gold plating, silver plating, copper(copper turned out real bad.. it
was green.... copper will look terrible after you plate it, when you
polish it looks nice..... but then it keeps on tarnishing and looks like
crxp. talk the customer out of it.. bet what he saw and wants his
instruments to look line was brass?????

Absolutely sure - he wants copper. It's kind of a long story... but he made a bunch of the trim pieces out of copper, and he
wants the tuning machines to match (fair enough). I'm hoping that we can buff the machines and lacquer coat them so they stay
looking polished. If not, so it goes.

Alden
--
Alden F.M. Hackmann