Dan Caster

Default Copper plating

(Alden Hackmann) wrote in message ...
We've got some banjo tuning machines that are chrome plated, and (for esthetic reasons) a customer wants them plated with
copper. I did a little searching with Google, and found various methods, of which electroplating looks the best. Any
comments or suggestions? Will the copper stick to the chrome? Other problems that I'm not anticipating?

Thanks,

Alden

I think the copper will stick to the chrome. Normal sequence for
chrome plating is to first copper plate, then nickle, and finally
chrome. But I think the nickel is because the chrome plate has some
porosity. Not because the chrome won't stick to copper ( and vise
versa ). Copper plating is feasible at home. Chrome plating really
isn't.

Dan