Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

Default Henry vacuum cleaner - how to fit new motor

On 30 Nov 2005 11:09:46 -0800, "Eusebius"
wrote:

My Henry HVR200 lost his suction and then just cut out. The mains fuse
was OK, so looks like the motor. How can I check it IS the motor - are
there any other fuses inside which might have blown? what could have
brought this on - for example I use cheap bags which are stated to fit
Henry - do I need to use official bags? Could be old age - it's at
least 10 to 15 yrs old. anything I should know about fitting the motor
replacement? Is there an updated motor model that's preferable to the
one that came with mine? Thanks for any help, Andy Evans

There are four or five different versions of motor, I'm not 100% sure
if they are interchangeable. Best to phone Numatic.

Henrys are fitted with thermal cut-outs and I don't know if they
automatically reset or whether they are a once only device. They are
attached to the side of the stator so worth testing it with a meter
before buying a new motor.

I'm surprised that it's only lasted 15 years! If it was one of the
cheap tub vacs I could understand it. You must have given it some real
abuse!

sponix