Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor

Default Henry vacuum cleaner - how to fit new motor

"Eusebius" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Henry HVR200 lost his suction and then just cut out. The mains fuse
was OK, so looks like the motor. How can I check it IS the motor - are
there any other fuses inside which might have blown? what could have
brought this on - for example I use cheap bags which are stated to fit
Henry - do I need to use official bags? Could be old age - it's at
least 10 to 15 yrs old. anything I should know about fitting the motor
replacement? Is there an updated motor model that's preferable to the
one that came with mine? Thanks for any help, Andy Evans

Andy, before you do anything, try it again now it's cooled down. There's a
thermal cut-out on mine that resets itself when it's cool enough, it
sometimes takes quite a while. My Henry's a bit younger than yours but it's
worth a go.

Peter