John Flanagan

Default 8 Murdered, 45 critically injured in LA Spree (what a moron)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:48:02 -0700, "Ken Davey"
wrote:

Let me get this straight.
You say that with the presence of an omnipotent god there is free will??
The 'omnipotent' part means that *everything* is a result of this god's will
(either through action or inaction) therefore there *is* no free will in
this instance.
I think you have this all bassakwards.

Traditionally "omnipotent" means that God is all powerful, not that
everything is a result of His will specifically. Scripture explicitly
states that many things are not His will. Things contrary to His will
are things He had to allow for "free will" or "choice" to have any
real meaning. If people could only choose His will then what meaning
would "choice" have?

I don't think I've got it backwards, do I :^)?

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.