Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

Default Airbrushing turned items

In article ,
"Ron Headon" wrote:

Would it help if I applied cellulose sanding sealer first
and airbrushed on top of that?

No one addressed this so far, but I think this is the key if the problem
is truly raised grain. I'd also take a look at a super-blonde shellac as
the sealer. My thought would be to apply the sealer/shellac as the
primer coat, lightly sand it back to create a smooth surface and then
try the paint.

Anyone know if Binh uses any base coating prior to color?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.