Posted to alt.home.repair
Trajen

Default Craftsman Garage Door Opener 1/2 HP

I had the same problem awhile back, the down safety photo eye was out of
alignment.

"Bob" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
My Garage Door will not shut properly. It will only go up

when using
remotes or wall-mounted button.
To make the door go down, I must hold down the

wall-mounted button the
entire time the door is closing, until it is completely

shut.
I increased the down speed. I reset the remotes.

Craftsman does not
have a helpline anymore.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I would guess that there is a contact or relay that is not
opening or closing inside. Open it up and jiggle/tap all
such components with the power disconnected, then try it
again.

Bob