Posted to misc.consumers.house
Howard Beale

Default Ceiling-mounted natural gas garage heaters: What to look for?

"TKM" wrote in message

Maybe there are economic reasons that your are thinking of gas heat; but
with gas prices going up substantially, have you considered a electrical
quartz infrared heating system? I've used one for years and just
installed another in the garage of my new house. Three 1500 watt units
easily handle my 2-car insulated garage. Advantages a

Gas has gone up ($1.39 per therm for November), but the same amount of
electrical energy (roughly 29kWh) is about $2.

I'm not a huge fan of infrared heaters, either. I actually do want to warm
the air and the stuff in it, and I think that gas forced air would produce
more comfort.

That being said, I did spend $150 on a 4000 watt forced-air electric heater
to try to heat the smaller part of my workshop. I figure if it works, I
might just bail on the gas heater altogether.