Posted to rec.woodworking
Tyke

Default Oak stair treads - Help Please

Oak veneer is very thin. Even if not walked upon, any scratches will likely
go through the veneer. If you do not want to go for solid wood, what about
the oak flooring panels (1/4 in x 12 in x 24-36 in) glued to a plywood
backer and the oak bullnose. Seems a lot more effort than solid oak, but
this may depend on how much oak goes for in your location.

Dave Paine.

"Tom H" wrote in message
news
The wife want me to remove the carpeted stairs in our home and replace it
with oak stair treads.

She wants to re-carpet the center of the stairs with the oak showing on
each side.

I am wondering if I could use a good quality oak veneer plywood with a
solid oak bullnose.

The oak will not be walked on with the center carpet.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.