Charles A. Sherwood

Default New Rockwell lathe and some questions about it.

Don, I've got one too, and it specifically calls for Texaco Regal
Starfak #2 grease on the lubrication plate. The gear train, by the

================================================= ========================
Posted by Steve Hammond on May 10, 01 at 09:02:13:

: Texaco regal starfak #2 Grease

The Code 1982 Texaco Regal Starfak 2 was discontinued in the late
'70's. It was a sodium/calcium mixed base grease with base oil
viscosity of about 64 cSt at 40°C. Regal Starfak 2 and the products
that replace it are recommended for electric motors or high speed
bearing application (no EP). The products that were suggested as

MSC sells an electric motor grease (mobil) that looks promising.
I think I will give it a try.

Is there a reason that I should not use an EP grease in the spindle bearings?

thanks
chuck