Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default How long does a tube of unopened caulk last?

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
I bought a twelve pack of silicon caulk about 2 years ago and used right.
have 4 tubes never opened never broken the seal. How long will they last?
Today I opened one up and nothing is coming out. Sticked a long nail in
it
and it's semi-hard near the nozzle...

I don't see an expiration date on these things. Shouldn't they last a
little longer?

You would think. Just be glad nothing is coming out. I used an old tube
and the stuff never hardened. Now I have to dig it all out and redo it;
caulk is cheap enough to toss old tubes.
OTOH, just today I used a tube 6 months past the expiration date. Worked
fine. The test is whether it smells like vinigar.