Posted to misc.consumers.house
John Smith

Default Pulsating water from faucets

Thanks, Jim. Where would I find it (the pressure reducing value)? Would it
be outside somewhere near the shutoff valve?

Incidentally, I did pay more attention the last time, and it's definitely
only the _cold_ water that pulsates.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
. ..
Try to determine if the house has a pressure reducing valve
on the water service. If so, it could be acting up...sticking.
Might look like:
http://www.cashacme.com/pressregeb5.html
Jim

John Smith wrote:

Jim,

I'm not certain about _all_ faucets, but definitely at least a few
different ones. I think it's happening with both hot and cold but I'll be
sure to pay more attention the next time it does it to make sure. As for
the duration, I'd say that it lasts about 30-60 seconds each time, then
stops for a while and eventually happens again.

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

John Smith wrote:

We've been in our house for about 8 years and in the past week or so
have noticed water sometimes pulsating when it comes out of the faucets.
Any idea what could be causing this or suggestions for fixing it? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I've looked for other posts, but the closest thing I could find
related to people who get their water from wells, but we don't have a
well; we're on "city" water.

ALL faucets? Hot and Cold? How long does the pulsation last?

Jim