Ned Simmons

Default ACAD 2000 problem

In article ,
says...
Hey guys,

HELLLPPP!!!

Preamble: I had to get a new motherboard a few weeks back. I also
moved the next day and so I lost my DSL access, so after I got in the
new house I had a long go round with and got help from my ISP techies
to get back on line with the 56K modem. I run Windows ME. Lots of
file deletions and changes and stuff. I couldn't begin to keep up
with him and with what was happening, so I just typed and did what he
said. Works great now.

OK. So now my Acad 2000 won't start. It brings up a pop-up that
says:

"Acad has caused an error in AC1ST15.DLL
Acad will now close.

If you continue to have problems, try restarting your
computer"

I've tried re-installing from the CD 3 times, and no go. Anybody know
what that DLL file is?? I can find it on the CD, and in my PC.

ACIS is the 3d modelling kernel used by Autocad.
http://www.spatial.com/products/3D/m...CIS.html?LV3=Y

I have a file acism62ENU.dll, 116KB, dated 5/17/2001 on my
system--Acad2002/MDT6/Inventor7.

Is there any chance you messed with the location of the
file or the autocad configuration at some point? What's the
date on the configuration file(acad.cfg or acad2000.cfg)?

Autodesk is using their own kernel based on ACIS now.

Ned Simmons