Roy Hauer

Default plans for "Brush Hog" type mower for 4-wheeler

My friend and I are currently making such an item. Only thing its will
be pushed instead of pulled by the 4 wheeler. Made the deck from 14 ga
sheet steel, with reinforced lips, has three blades and is suspended
from a tubular steel frame which rides on pneumatic tired casters.
Power is a 14hp elect start B & S with a centrifugal clutch driving
the blades, which we made spindles for and I cast the aluminum
spindle housing for. Blades used are commonly available and basically
this unit was built around the cheaper and more readily avalable
blades as found in wal mart etc. We have no plans per se, but looked
around on the internet for various factory made units, and took the
best ideas we found and incorporated them into our design. It will be
a 60" cut. Nothing needs to be real fancy about the deck itself, and
IMHO the most important part is the ease to hook it up and also the
height adjust.

Just look at a basic lawnmower and scale it up.

Regards

On 15 Jul 2003 09:37:09 -0700, (Craig Suslosky)
wrote:

x-Does anybody have plans for a brush hog type mower to pull behind a
x-four wheeler? I wouldnt be cutting brush, just rough grass, not my
x-front lawn. I have seen a few in catalogs but not in person. I have a
x-16HP B&S motor to use, some wheels for the back. I would have to buy
x-or make blade spindle housings, and blades. I was looking at a Ferris
x-mower at work the other day. It looks pretty rugged, but I couldnt see
x-the spindle housings. Does anyone have any advice on this subject? Any
x-help would be great.
x- Thanks,
x- Craig

--