Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

Default Wiring for A Whirlpool Bath

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I plan to instal the bath by running and RCD protected Fused Spur
(Screwfix 14770) from one of the sockets located in my lounge (small
flat). I will then have a pull cord located in the bathroom or wall
mounted switch in a cupboard next door which will sit between the
bath's pump and the FCU. Is there any problems with doing this?

This is how my brother's one was installed by a good pro electrician and
conformed to the instructions with it.

My mum's also - but then again it is on a 3A fuse in the FCU. It would be
a very different matter if the bath included electric heating. (my mum's
one uses a continous slow feed of hot water to temper the air being pumped
in - but I can see the case for using eletric heating for this instead).

If its a *real* spa pool it could have one, two, or three 5HP water pumps,
an air compressor, an air heater and a water heater in it.
A 3A spur wouldn't even power the air pump.

The one I was looking at needs a 32A feed and an RCD and that only had one
pump.