Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Blank

Default Wiring for A Whirlpool Bath

Hi,
I have just purchased a whirlpool bath. The Instructions for the bath state
that it needs to be wired accordingly (spelling and gramar reproced from the
orginal!)

"Conneecting to the mains:

For the pump power supply, bring and electrical line using a waterlight lead
of a 6 x 25mm section protected by a 2 x 16A magnetothermal switch and
equipped by a 30mA differental switch. The earth wire muct be absolutely
connected to an earth hold. The resistance of the eart hold much not exceed
3ohm, this electrical line must uniquely serve the bathtub"

Now...

I plan to instal the bath by running and RCD protected Fused Spur (Screwfix
14770) from one of the sockets located in my lounge (small flat). I will
then have a pull cord located in the bathroom or wall mounted switch in a
cupboard next door which will sit between the bath's pump and the FCU. Is
there any problems with doing this?

Many Thanks

Tim