Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.building.construction
Jim

Default Waterproofing crawlspace walls and floor with DryLok

Despite many naysayers, I completed a dog house made of cinder block located
in the side of hill. Cinder block voids filled with concrete.

Used drylok on walls inside and out, and concrete slab floor. Exterior was
backfilled with dirt two days after applying the drylok. Put two carpet
remnants on the floor as I anticipated drylok wear from dog's nails.

Unless you spend alot of time or make many visits to the crawlspace, wear
would not concern me in your case.
--
Lil' Dave
Beware the rule quoters, the corp mindset, the Borg
"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a crawlspace under part of my house that I would like to
insulate so it's not just wasted space. First off though I'd like to
deal with any possible moisture, radon gas, and bugs that might find
their way in.

My question is this ... can DryLok Latex Masonary Waterproofer be used
on the floor?

My plan is to paint the walls and floor with DryLok Latex Masonary
Waterproofer. There's no real water seeping in, but there is one
section of the wall that has that white powder stuff on it. I'm also
assuming that DryLok will help with keeping radon gas out, which is the
reason why I would also like to use it on the floor (I don't think I
actually have any real issue with radon, but I figure since I'm down
there, why not do it just in case)

Or am I asking for trouble (ie: will it wear away way to quickly on the
floor, etc.)?

Thanks,
Harry