Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith G. Powell

Default Folding shower screen or curtain and pole?

"Ian White" wrote in message
SilverDales wrote:
Hi all, we have been doing the bathroom and we have a small dilema. We
are trying to go for a more neater cleaner look and have a new electric
shower but are unsure over wether to have a pole and curtain or a
screen. If we have a screen it would have to be folding so that my
wife can lean over the bath to do her hair with the mixer shower. It
couldn't be a solid screen because of the position of the door, if
someone opened the door when the screen was back it would bang into it.
But our experience with curtains is they do get dirty quickly.
any ideas?

If you do go for curtains as I have, using a "standard" curtain rail which
can be bent/curved to suit(suite?) the shower enclosure, then make sure the
curtains have weights at the bottom so they have less tendency to cling to
you and also do not shower using soap - use only detergent based shower
liquids/gels - so you get much less if no mould or soap gunge on your
curtains and shower walls - also none of that black mould in the drain.
Using detergents only makes it easier to clan and requires less frequnt
cleaning. Anyway the curtains can easily cleaned in the washing machine as
necessary.

Keith G. Powell